- March 28, 2016
- Posted by: Foresee Immigration
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test provides an evaluation of English for those who wish to study or train in English.
IELTS is a jointly managed test by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and IDP Education, Australia. IELTS is recognized by universities and colleges, as well as employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies in Britain, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Canada, and New Zealand.
IELTS is available in two formats: ‘Academic’ and ‘General Training’. All candidates do the same Listening and Speaking sections. The Academic modules assess whether you are ready to study or train in the medium of English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. The General Training modules emphasize basic skills in a broad social and educational context not at degree level.
Structure of IELTS
IELTS tests the candidates in areas of Listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking.
– LISTENING (30 minutes) – 4 sections, 40 items
– READING (60min)
– GENERAL TRAINING READING – 3 sections, 40 items
– ACADEMIC READING – 3 sections, 40 items
– WRITING (60 minutes)
– GENERAL TRAINING WRITING 2 tasks (150 and 250 words)
– ACADEMIC WRITING 2 tasks (150 and 250 words)
– SPEAKING (10 to 15 minutes)
TOTAL TIME: 2 Hrs 45 Minutes.
WE HELP OUR CANDIDATES PREPARE FOR IELTS EXAMINATION & ACHIEVE THE DESIRED RESULTS