As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs.
Federal Skilled Worker applications are assessed based on an applicant’s ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
Candidates whose applications are picked up from Express Entry Pool must also meet the requirements of selection criteria under the federal skilled worker program in which he filing the application. One can file under one of the three programs:
• Federal Skilled Worker Class
• Federal Skilled Trades class
• Canadian Experience class
In addition, Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors.
The selection factors are summarized as follows:
• Education: Applicants are awarded up to 25 points.
• Language Skills: Applicants are awarded up to 28 total points (24-first official language, 4-second official language).
• Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 15 points for paid skilled work experience acquired in the last 10 years. A minimum of 9 points is required.
• Age: Applicants are awarded up to 12 points.
• Arranged Employment: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
• Adaptability: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
• Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill lever 0, A or B); or
• Higher the experience, more points the principal applicant can claim under the employment experience factor.
• Clearly outlining ones experience profile – as per NOC descriptions – in one of the permitted occupations under O, A and B category will determine whether or not an application under Canada FSW will be accepted or not. Hence taking an experienced immigration consultants’ help will be useful for your all important life objective to immigrate to Canada
For a free of charge assessment, you can also simply send across your and (if applicable), the spousal resume firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate contact from our immigration consultants.
• Safety and a sense of being secure is one of the draws and it inspires many people to reside in the country even as the state government itself ensures a rather high level of safety for those who make Canada their home. So for those who are concerned about value of ones’ life issues, Canada makes a perfect migration destination. Citizens and residents follow rule of law and that makes Canada an ideal destination for prospective immigrants from world over.
• Another benefit of immigration to Canada is its amazing and developed social help system ; it organizes various courses for those who have lost their job and want to start afresh in a newer field. The same also helps the aspirants in choosing and gaining a well-paying job quite quickly.
• Canada offers excellent medical healthcare benefits to its citizens and residents
• If circumstances make one unemployed, the social security benefits supports the affected Canadian residents and citizens.
• As one grows older, Canadian government ensures peace of mind by offering retirement and pension benefits to its senior citizens.
• The housing and life’s other amenities are available at highly affordable interest rates from banking and financial system for ordinary residents and citizens.
• With time and after becoming a citizen, the residence holder gets a Canadian passport – a highly prized and respected travel document across the world. One does not need a visit visa to enter majority of developed and developing world and in most countries the holder of Canadian passport get visa on arrival.
• The principal applicant can make spouse and children up to 19 years part of his immigration application. As regards his parents, he can sponsor them for Canada permanent residence visa or a Canada super-visa.
Effective 01 January, 2015, following occupation are eligible to apply under the new Express Entry Program.
The job information is broken down into a number of groups. For immigration purposes, the main groups are:
1. Skill Type 0 (zero) – management jobs.
o examples: restaurant managers, mine managers, shore captains (fishing)
2. Skill Level A — professional jobs. People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs.
o examples: doctors, dentists, architects
3. Skill Level B — technical jobs and skilled trades. People usually need a college diploma or to train as an apprentice to do these jobs.
examples: chefs, electricians, plumbers
With effect from 1st January 2015, Canadian Government has introduced a new process for selection of skilled professionals and tradespersons wishing to immigrate to Canada and live and work in Canada as a permanent Resident.
1. The applicants can apply for immigration to Canada only after they are invited to apply under federal skilled worker program by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
2. Invitation is easy to come by for qualified Candidates and will have an additional stage called Express Entry Pool.
3. There will be a Canada express entry comprehensive Ranking system (CRS)which will be points based on which application will be filed in the pool. Under the CRS, it will be beneficial (in case of married applicants) for both the spouses to offer their IELTS and WES report summaries. Candidate filing the on-line express entry form will be asked to provide information related to his qualifications, experience, occupation, Language skills, Canadian Education, Canadian Experience, Spousal language skills as also presence of any blood relations in Canada.
4. Regular draws will be taken from the pool and Candidates appearing higher in the ranking in the pool will be selected.
5. It is NOT A MUST that a candidate has a confirmed job offer from a Canadian Employer to be eligible to get an invite to apply for PR visa.
6. Chances for express entry applications filed in the pool, which are without job offer are likely to be extremely bright
7. It can happen that after the application is filed in the pool and in the Canada job Bank, the candidate is chosen by a Canadian employer and given a job offer. In such a situation, the details filed in the Express entry pool through comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) can be updated and thereby immediately move higher in Pool rankings. In the next draw, chances of being picked up from the pool will thereby increase.
8. Candidates who are chosen form the express entry pool must also ensure that they meet the federal points based selection criteria and its requirements. He will then be asked to indicate which of the economic class migrant programs he is making the application under – Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class, Canada Foreign Tradesperson class.
9. It has been indicated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada that permanent residence applications of candidates picked up from the pool will be processed within six months of being lodged in for Federal stage.
At, Foresee Immigration, we have dedicated immigration consultants, who guide you through the EEC applicationprocess, right from the filing online Express Entry profile, till the invitation for the permanent residency visa. Our consultants help you fill the express entry profile accurately while keeping your skills, work experience, language competency, and other relevant factors in mind. Once you have received the ITA from the Canadian Government, then, our prolific advisors help you submit the application within the specified time period with the mentioned character and medical documents, so you get your visa in a hassle free manner.